play-portfolio-thumbnail-gamecard-redesign@0.5x.jpg

Play App (Game Card Re-Design)

 

UI Design | Interaction | Product Design

GAME CARD REDESIGN

As a Product Designer at the Walt Disney Company, I redesigned the UI and interaction patterns for all of the In-Queue game cards on the Play Disney Parks App. These cards are the entry points into all of our interactive games, providing a description of the games, information on how to unlock them, and an overview of the achievements you’ve earned so far. The goal of this project was to create a scalable design to account for new app content, and a media gallery within the game card. The screen below showcases the original card design (on the left) and the updated one (on the right).

The media gallery feature is currently in development so I’m not able to show it on this page, however I’d love to share it with you in an interview setting!

 
pdp-game-card-design-before-and-after@0.5x.jpg
 

MY ROLE

Interaction Design

Wireframes

UI Design

Framer Prototype

Market Research

UI Specification / Documentation

MY PROCESS

I collaborated with a Product Designer on my team to spearhead this project from start to finish. We worked together across offices (him in Glendale and me in Seattle) to create wireframes, hi-fidelity designs, presentation decks, and prototypes in Framer. We also documented and created UI specifications for the final designs and handed it off to the Dev team, collaborating with them to assure the product is implemented as designed.

Throughout the process, we reviewed our designs with Product Managers, the design team, developers, and design leadership - participating in many product strategy discussions and contributing our thoughts to the overall strategy of our app.

If you would like to see my full design process, please contact me at xhaotrieu@gmail.com!

TAKEAWAYS

I learned a tremendous amount about Product Design throughout this project. I gained valuable experience in documenting and shipping a product, working on it from end-to-end. On top of sharpening my skills in interaction, wireframing, and prototyping - I learned a tremendous amount about product strategy and designing for accessibility. This project also required me to think deeply about any possible content we might implement in the future, strengthening my skills and knowledge in designing for scalability.